Sunday, September 12, 2010

Update on Moore Mountain Run.

With only two weeks until the race I thought it would be good to get some pictures out to everyone. The pictures below show some of the great views of the lake and Mt. Shasta that the trails provide. Of course if you pick your head up to enjoy these during the race you'll probably end up tripping on a rock.

Things are coming together nicely. If the weather will hold out this will be a great run. The leaves are starting to turn on the trees so it will be colorful too.

For those interested in volunteering, we'll be meeting on Saturday the 25th near the tennis courts at Moore Park at 1:00pm to make the final preparations and course markings.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this event so far.

Chad.





4 comments:

  1. I've been training for this for, well, a while now. :) You can see pictures I have taken during my runs above moore park at the address below.

    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2064106&id=1038093768&l=87f0ab1358

    Thanks for organizing this, I am VERY excited for it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures Cody.

    We're excited too, since your familiar with the trails I thing you like the way I've linked them together.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I do like how they are linked together. The only question I have, which will be answered on race day, is where exactly the trail is you take on the return from 4 corners at around mile 10 and head back up the hill towards 5 gallon. I never could find the real trail as I saw on the map. I knew it would be marked on race day so I never really worried too much about it.

    I have to say that rat camp is going to be the hardest part of this race for me, it is so twisty with TONS of rocks... I trip so much through there it isn't funny! :) You might want to mention that on race day to be careful during that section since at that distance people will be starting to lose energy and more apt to not be lifting their feet as much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trail back up into the park is tucked away under the tree at the gate to the park. It's a tough little hill climb that gets you back up on the hill. You won't be able to miss it race day.

    Yeah I'love Rat Camp, but it can get tricky. You'll probably get tired of hearing me say watch out for rocks. I think the technical sections are what will make this a race that people just have to do every year.

    We'll see ya Sunday.

    ReplyDelete